ADSSI Limited, trading as Adssi In-home Support, has been supporting the Central Coast community since 1987. We are a not-for-profit organisation who delivers a mix of in-home services including allied therapies, nursing, building maintenance and modifications, transport, meal preparation, social activities and personal care across a range of funded and private programs including the NDIS, Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program and others. Through our programs, we support thousands of clients to remain living safely and independently in their home.
In a recent VOICE Survey, 93% of staff scored the organisation as having a strong workplace culture and environment. That means we attract, and keep, great staff. We are values-driven and committed to quality, service and innovation.
ADSSI is a member of ACON’s Pride in Health + Wellbeing, Australia’s first and only not-for-profit membership program that provides year-round support in the provision of LGBTI inclusive services for the health and wellbeing sector. Our Pride in Health + Wellbeing activities contribute to the wellbeing of ADSSI’s LGBTI clients and staff through the ongoing provision of safe and inclusive services.
To be considered for any of the roles below, please note below requirements:
Completion of an aged care police check and a Working With Children Check is required for the successful candidate.
Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check and a pre-employment functional assessment and will be required to undergo an aged care part exclusion police check. People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
The criminal offences that preclude a person from working in aged care are:
- a conviction for murder or sexual assault; or
- a conviction of, and sentence to imprisonment for, any other form of assault.
Any person with a conviction for a precluding offence must not be employed, contracted, hired, retained, or accepted by an aged care service subsidised by the Commonwealth.
The best places to get confidential advice on how your criminal history might affect your chances in this job include the Aboriginal Legal Service on 1800 765 767, LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529, or your local Community Legal Centre.
ADSSI Limited supports EEO principles and is a smoke free environment.
We affirm the right to equality, respect and fairness for the LGBTIQ community. We are committed to reconciliation through our Reconciliation Action Plan.
Adssi is committed to increasing the workforce participation of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
In-home Aged Care Community Support Workers
ADSSI Limited, trading as Adssi In-home Support, has been providing in home/community services since 1987.
We deliver a mix of in-home aged care services including household help, personal care, respite, shopping, allied therapies, nursing, transport, home modifications and maintenance across a range of funded and private programs including Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program and Out of Hospital programs including End of Life and ComPacks. Through our programs, we support thousands of older Australians to remain living safely and independently in their home.
Why work with us? There are so many reasons, including:
- We are inclusive of diversity
- You are paid between shifts
- You are reimbursed for travel
- We provide Journey Insurance
- We provide you with PPE
- We provide you with a work phone and uniform, saving you money
- You are paid to attend training and team meetings
- We celebrate key events together
- You can work flexible hours
- We pay COVID leave
- We pay for your First Aid renewal
- We pay for your Flu shot
- You and your family can access our Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Sacrifice saving you $
- 93% of staff score the organisation as having a strong workplace culture and environment - that means we attract and keep great staff!
You will work with clients’ in their homes and community, across the Central Coast, supporting them with practical things that help make their day-to-day life easier.
If you are passionate/experienced in working with older people, this is an exciting career opportunity.
You must be able work some out of hours shifts, for example weekends, Public Holidays, early mornings from 6am or evenings until 9pm. The appropriate loading/allowances applies for these shifts
You will need:
- Certificate III in Individual Support - Home & Community, or equivalent Aged Care qualification;
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of aged care sector legislation, Consumer Directed Care and Home Care Package Guidelines;
- Provide First Aid certificate;
- Current NSW driver’s license and a safe driving record from Service NSW available online here https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/request-driving-record ;
- Use of a reliable well-presented vehicle with comprehensive insurance cover;
- Current Working With Children Check;
- Australian Nationally Co-ordinated Criminal History that is less than one year old;
- Evidence of protection against the infectious diseases listed in the relevant policies of NSW Health relating to the ComPacks project: Diphtheria, Measles, Hepatitis B, Pertussis, Mumps, Varicella, Tetanus, Rubella, Tuberculosis, (Influenza is recommended).
- Training and/or experience in palliative care in a community setting
How to Apply
PLEASE DOWNLOAD, COMPLETE AND SEND THE BELOW APPLICATION FORM
and send, along with a resume setting out your qualifications and employment history, to Robyn.Johnston@adssi.com.au by 5.00pm Monday 24 MAY, 2021.
Only applicants who complete and specifically address the criteria contained in the Application for Employment will be considered. Please make sure to forward your completed ADSSI application form to be considered
Case Managers - Community Aged & Disability Care
Full and Part-time roles available
Due to recent and significant growth, we have a range of full and part-time Case Management roles. If you have experience in one or more of the following programs, we’d love to hear from you: Short Term Restorative Care, ComPacks, SASH, End of Life and Home Care Packages.
The Case Manager role is responsible for the provision of high-quality client services through assessment, referral, coordination, monitoring and case management. This may be achieved through visiting the clients at home, developing a support plan and implementing service delivery. The position liaises with brokerage services and has day-to-day responsibility for delivering required outputs within the relevant project/s and according to client budget and at times, with multiple cases and within a defined time frame.
You will need:
- Excellent communication skills with people who are frail and aged and those people with a disability;
- Demonstrated recent experience working in Community or Aged Care;
- Experience in working with and achieving agreed performance measures including budget expenditure and project outputs;
- An understanding of and experience working within the aged and disability sector standards;
- Good IT skills and computer literacy (experience with Carelink + or another aged care database would be an advantage);
- A current NSW driver’s licence and safe driving record.
- Experience with End of Life/palliative care;
- A Diploma in Case Management or an equivalent qualification and experience working in the health and/or community care sectors.
Apply by COB Wednesday 12 May, 2021 through SEEK https://www.seek.com.au/job/52134906.
Include your resume setting out your qualifications and employment history, and a covering letter that addresses the criteria listed above. Limit your responses to half a page per criterion.
Salary dependent on experience; starting at $ 35.51per hour. Salary packaging is available.
- Direct Report to Regional Manager – Central Coast/Northern Sydney
- Full time Central Coast role – contract until June 2024
- PBI Salary packaging available
- ADSSI Limited awarded “Best Workplace Award” in 2021.
This is a fantastic leadership role with Adssi In-home Support, a progressive, not for profit, values driven organisation on a growth trajectory.
As part of the ADSSI Limited Management Team, the role is integral to the development and roll out of strategic/business direction at Adssi In-home Support, including program development and growth, process improvement and integration, risk management, quality improvement, marketing/promotion. The role will also be central to ADSSI’s clinical governance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the organisation’s clinical team to continue the development of ADSSI’s clinical framework and governance
- Ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of systems, policies and processes for ensuring proper accountability, probity and openness in the conduct of ADSSI’s business.
- Oversee the systems for monitoring, managing and maintaining the area of operation in a manner that is client focused and ensures accuracy, security, confidentiality and meets statutory, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- Monitor and manage the execution of the team’s responsibilities, according to approved business plans, key performance indicators, contractual agreements and relevant guidelines.
- Monitor required service, operational and financial outputs/indicators across the areas of operation, report on areas of risk, and liaise with other managers to eliminate or minimise risk.
- Lead the ongoing management, development and regular review of projects in the area of operations to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements and efficient and effective delivery of services to clients.
- Participating in the weekend / after-hours COVID / Emergency (e.g. bushfire) on-call roster
You will need:
- A clinical background (Registered Nurse or allied health professional)
- Extensive experience in a health care or community environment
- Extensive nursing or allied health experience working with older people;
- Sound knowledge and practical experience working within an enablement, restorative and well-being framework with people who are ageing;
- Successful management and leadership experience in a changing work environment
- Ability to apply project management methodology appropriate to the role along with effective critical thinking techniques, to set priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining high levels of quality and confidentiality.
- Experience leading teams in a change management environment
Please apply by 5 pm, Monday 17 May. Include a resume setting out your qualifications and employment history as well as a statement explaining how you meet the selection criteria. Please apply through SEEK at https://www.seek.com.au/job/52178758
Physiotherapist - Part-time
- Central Coast part-time position (23 – 30 hours / week)
- Contract to 30 June 2022
- Attractive benefits inc salary packaging and uniform supplied
- Great team
- New graduates welcome to apply
We are currently seeking a physiotherapist to join our high energy not for profit Tuggerah-based organisation whose goal is to make a real and practical difference in the lives of people in our community. Experience in aged care and / or community physiotherapy would be highly regarded however, we also welcome applications from new graduates.
You will be responsible for undertaking comprehensive clinical assessments, in the community setting, to determine client needs, develop a care plan, organise and provide therapeutic care and monitor and evaluate clinical care and outcomes.
Are you a creative ‘can do’ person who thrives on delivering the best client experience every time? You will be client focused, understand the aged care and disability sectors and their reforms, and be highly motivated to succeed in the role.
If this sounds like you, apply by sending your resume, setting out your qualifications and employment history as well as a statement explaining how you meet the selection criteria (below), to email@example.com.
Only applications that specifically address the selection criteria will be considered.
Please address the following essential criteria in your covering letter:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and current student, general or specialist or AHPRA registration
- Clinical experience in aged care and / or community physiotherapy
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work cooperatively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Commitment to evidence based practice
You will also need a Current NSW driver’s license and a safe driving record. We require all staff to be competent in the use of smart phones and mobile technology such as tablet devices.
If you would like further information contact Karen firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0448 988206
The pay is above award at $40.22 - $44.49 pending experience. PBI salary packaging is available.
THIS POSITION REMAINS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.