- Central Coast Location
- Voice Project awarded ADSSI Limited a “Best Workplace Award” in 2021
- Salary Packaging available
ADSSI Limited, trading as Adssi In-home Support, has been providing in home and community services for over 35 years.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced nursing professional to take on the role of Registered Nurse. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to on the ground services through clinical comprehensive assessments to determine client needs, develop careplans, while organising and providing clinical care.
The role will be responsible for providing high quality person centred clinical services that facilitates a positive health outcome for clients. The position may undertake a variety of general nursing duties, including medication administration, incontinence management / catheter care, wound management and client/carer education.
The Registered Nurse position is a Full time position, but does have the capacity to become a part-time position to support a healthy work life balance for the successful candidate. Being a client focused organisation, we are committed to creating a supportive and nurturing client experience while we work with our clients to maximise their independence and quality of life, supporting them to live their best life.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Undertake a variety of general nursing duties, including medication administration, incontinence management / catheter care, wound management and client/carer education;
- Ensure that clinical care is delivered in accordance with the client’s individual care needs, organisational policies and evidence based best practice guidelines;
- Working with internal and external customers to ensure that all aspects of the client’s care plan are implemented and monitored to ensure that the client receives the services they need to help them stay living in their own home and to reduce the risk of adverse events and hospitalisation/ residential care;
- People Management; and
- Ensure that clinical services are delivered in accordance with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council (ANMC) National Competency Standards and Quality of Care Principles
- Registered Nurse with current Registration under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Experience in an aged care and/or community environment;
- First Aid certificate with annual CPR recertification;
- Demonstrated commitment to a person centred, enablement approach that upholds the independence, community participation, choice and rights of aged people, people living with disabilities and carers of those people;
- Current NSW driver’s licence and a safe driving record; and
- ADSSI requires all staff prior to commencing employment to have had their first and second COVID Vaccination dose and any Booster Vaccination as it falls due and in line with Government recommendations
Desirable but not essential:
- Understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework for community and disability services, including the Aged Care Standards, Disability Services Standards, Aged Care Act 1997, Short Term Restorative Care Guidelines, Home Care Guidelines;
- Postgraduate and/or Degree in relevant tertiary qualifications (Health Science, Applied Science or relevant fields such as Gerontology, Palliative Care, Dementia Care speciality relevant to aged care nursing);
- Cert IV in Assessment & Training, Cert IV in Frontline Management
How to Apply
Submit your application through the careers page through the “Submit your application now” function. Including a resume, cover letter (including statement) outlining how you meet the “About you” criteria.
We are situated on Darkinjung, Wonnarua, Awabakal and Gringai lands and acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of this land. We pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and future, and recognise their continuing connection and contribution to this land.
ADSSI Limited, trading as Adssi In-home Support, has been providing in home and community services for over 35 years. We deliver a mix of in-home aged care services including household help, personal care, respite, shopping, allied therapies, nursing, transport, home modifications and maintenance across a range of funded and private programs. Through our programs, we support thousands of Australians to remain living safely and independently in their home and local community.
Why work with us?
- Voice Project awarded ADSSI Limited a “Best Workplace Award” in 2021. Staff engagement, as measured by Voice Project, is exceptional at 92%;
- We affirm the right to equality, respect and fairness for the LGBTIQ community;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- We support EEO principles and have a smoke free environment; and
- Employees are provided with PPE;
- Employees are provided a work uniform;
- Salary Packaging; and
- We are committed to increasing the workforce participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
The successful candidate will be required to provide an NDIS Worker Screen and undergo a medical assessment. The criminal offences that preclude a person from working in aged care are:
- a conviction for murder or sexual assault; or
- a conviction of, and sentence to imprisonment for, any other form of assault.
The best places to get confidential advice on how your criminal history might affect your chances in this job include the LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529 Aboriginal Legal Service on 1800 765 767 or your local Community Legal Centre