Domestic Support Workers
- Central Coast Location, Tuggerah
- Voice Project awarded ADSSI Limited a “Best Workplace Award” in 2021
- Salary Packaging available
About the role
We’re hiring Domestic Support Workers to provide quality cleaning services in our clients homes.
This will be a rewarding opportunity for a passionate team player who has exceptional people skills. The successful candidate will work closely with our clients in their homes throughout the Central Coast Community. You will support our clients providing general domestic services. Including but not limited to vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, general cleaning tasks, general laundry tasks and unaccompanied shopping from a client list.
You will need
- Passion for supporting our clients with practical things making their day-to-day life easier while helping them to live their best life;
- The ability to provide quality cleaning services safely and effectively within a community care environment across the entire Central Coast;
- An ‘Apply First Aid’ Certificate;
- A current Criminal History Check;
- A current Working with Children Check;
- A current NSW driver’s license and a safe driving record;
- The use of a reliable well-presented vehicle that has comprehensive insurance cover;
- To be available to work a flexible roster;
- Ability to use smart phones and mobile technology such as tablet devices;
- An understanding of WH&S Act, risk management, manual handling and infection control;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Previous experience working with older people and people with a disability is desirable;
- Evidence of protection against the infectious diseases listed in the relevant policies of NSW Health relating to the ComPacks project: Diphtheria, Measles, Hepatitis B, Pertussis, Mumps, Varicella, Tetanus, Rubella, Tuberculosis, (Influenza is recommended); and
- ADSSI requires all staff prior to commencing employment to have had their first and second COVID Vaccination dose and any Booster Vaccination as it falls due and in line with Government recommendations
How to Apply
Submit your application through the careers page through the “Submit your application now” function. Including a resume, cover letter (including statement) outlining how you meet the “About you” criteria.
We are situated on Darkinjung, Wonnarua, Awabakal and Gringai lands and acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of this land. We pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and future, and recognise their continuing connection and contribution to this land.
ADSSI Limited, trading as Adssi In-home Support, has been providing in home and community services for over 35 years. We deliver a mix of in-home aged care services including household help, personal care, respite, shopping, allied therapies, nursing, transport, home modifications and maintenance across a range of funded and private programs. Through our programs, we support thousands of Australians to remain living safely and independently in their home and local community.
Why work with us?
- Voice Project awarded ADSSI Limited a “Best Workplace Award” in 2021. Staff engagement, as measured by Voice Project, is exceptional at 92%;
- We affirm the right to equality, respect and fairness for the LGBTIQ community;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employees are paid between shifts;
- Travel reimbursements;
- Employees are provided Journey Insurance;
- Employees are provided with PPE;
- Employees are provided work phone and uniform;
- Employees are paid to attend training and team meetings;
- Flexible hours;
- COVID-19 leave;
- Costs covered for First Aid renewal;
- Salary Sacrifice;
- We support EEO principles and have a smoke free environment; and
- We are committed to increasing the workforce participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
The successful applicant will be required to provide an Australian Nationally Co-ordinated Criminal History and undergo a medical assessment.
The criminal offences that preclude a person from working in aged care are:
- a conviction for murder or sexual assault; or
- a conviction of, and sentence to imprisonment for, any other form of assault
The best places to get confidential advice on how your criminal history might affect your chances in this job include the LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529 [link removed], Aboriginal Legal Service on 1800 765 767 or your local Community Legal Centre.