Community Support Worker Team Leader Support
- Permanent full-time position based on NSW Central Coast
- Great work/life balance – standard Monday to Friday hours, no weekends and no shift work
- Competitive remuneration package, great benefits, and hybrid working arrangements
ADSSI Limited has provided home and community services for over 35 years. Spanning across four locations in the Hunter and the Central Coast, we’re a big organisation loaded with career opportunities, ranging from entry-level and traineeships to corporate and executive roles.
As an award-winning workplace, we deliver in-home aged and disability care services, including household help, personal care, respite, shopping, allied therapies, nursing, transport, home modifications, and maintenance.
Through our programs, we support thousands of Australians to remain living safely and independently in their home and the local community.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a suitably experienced Community Support Worker (CSW) Team Leader Support / Enrolled Nurse to support our Tuggerah brand, Adssi In-home Support.
Reporting to the Community Support Worker (CSW) Team Leader, this role is responsible for working in conjunction with the Team Leader to build, mentor and support an effective CSW workforce that provides quality care to our clients. Whilst the role also encompasses a small clinical nursing component, for example, assisting with basic wound management, minor clinical training validation, and assisting our nursing staff during periods of leave, most of the role is administration-based.
To be successful in this role, you must have previous experience in an administration support role as well as have your Diploma of Nursing (Medication Endorsed Enrolled Nurse) with authority to practice with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated experience coaching and/or mentoring a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage the sensitivities of client and employee issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop effective relationships and resolve client/staff issues
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, with the ability to resolve complex matters in a timely manner
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Evidence of protection against the infectious diseases listed in the relevant policies of NSW Health relating to the ComPacks project: Diphtheria, Measles, Hepatitis B, Pertussis, Mumps, Varicella, Tetanus, Rubella, Tuberculosis, (Influenza is recommended).
- Have current NDIS Worker and Working With Children Checks.
Please note that the successful candidate must provide a National Criminal History Check. The criminal offences that preclude a person from working in aged care are a conviction for murder or sexual assault or a conviction of and sentenced to imprisonment for any other form of assault.
Why work with ADSSI?
- Voice Project awarded ADSSI Limited a “Best Workplace Award” in 2021, with staff engagement measured as exceptional at 92%;
- Eligible for $15,900 not-for-profit salary packaging plus $2,600 meal entertainment card annually
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to build a personalised career pathway;
- Employees are also provided with a uniform, access to flexible working conditions, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a paid ADSSI day;
We support diversity and inclusion in all our workplaces. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people with a multicultural background, people with a disability or members of the LGBTIQ community.
How to apply
For further information, please contact Leanne Lamaro, People & Culture Manager, on 0432 167 105.