In-Home Support Services Central Coast
There may come a time in life when a little bit of help could go a long way. From starting your day to keeping your home safe and tidy, these everyday tasks can become a challenge. This is where Adssi in-home support Central Coast can help.
A variety of services provide assistance in and around your home. Each one is designed to support your daily routines while promoting a sense of wellbeing and independence. A little support may help you live a happier, more fulfilled life in your own home and as a part of your community, whilst maintaining or even improving your quality of life.
Eligible individuals are able to receive subsidised CHSP services. The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CSHP) is not means tested.. It is designed to provide low level support. The subsidised support can provide a little bit of help in and around your home, so you can keep living the lifestyle you are accustomed to. This support can also give you and your family peace of mind, knowing there’s someone reliable and friendly to help.
If your circumstances change and you need more support, a Home Care Package may be more suitable. Either way, we can help you ‘live your best life’.
Why Choose Adssi In-Home Support
Adssi understands how important it is to be able to live an independent and fulfilled life at home. Dedicated support and assistance is designed to help you live life to the fullest and remain an active part of your community.
With more than 30 years’ experience providing quality in-home care, you can have complete confidence in our services. We are passionate about providing high quality personal support that lets you live your best life, just as you deserve.
When you choose Adssi to be your home support service provider, you can expect to receive:
- A range of services to complement your lifestyle and needs;
- High quality support (all staff are qualified, trained and police checked) in and around your home;
- Help with building your strengths and abilities for an independent life; (we ‘do with you’ not ‘for you’ to ensure you remain as independent as possible);
- Flexible home support services that respect your preferences;
- A tailored plan of care that is clear and transparent from day one (available for Home Care Package clients).
Types of In-Home Support Services
Our home support services Central Coast cover a variety of everyday tasks. These are designed to help you enjoy a safer and more comfortable life at home, giving you and your family peace of mind. Our services allow you to retain independence while respecting your personal choices and requirements.
We work with you to ‘live your best life’ at home by providing support in the following areas:
- Household Chores – washing, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, vacuuming etc
- Building services including maintenance and modifications (ramps, rails etc)
- Allied Health – registered nurses, physiotherapy, occupational therapy
- Personal Care
- Respite for carers
- Meal Preparation
- Social support
- Camp Breakaway
- Wellbeing programs (e.g. falls prevention, gentle exercise, technology to keep you connected)
It is important to remember that Adssi provides general help and support in and around the home. There may be limitations with what is and is not subsidised by the government under their various programs. To help you understand what each type of support service offers, let’s take a closer look at them individually.
Domestic assistance helps you keep on top of general chores around the home. The focus is placed on essential areas in the home, such as those that you use on a daily basis (kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, lounge, etc.)
- Floor cleaning: Vacuuming, mopping and sweeping.
- Bathroom: Cleaning hand basins, toilet and bathtub.
- Kitchen: Wiping down surfaces, dishwashing, emptying bins.
- Bedroom: Making bed, changing sheets, wiping dressing table and bedside cabinet tops.
- Garden: General care such as lawn mowing and light duties.
- Laundry: Washing, hanging out to dry, bringing in, and ironing.
- Linen service: Delivery and pick up available twice weekly for mattress protectors, bedding and towels.
Heavy-duty household chores and areas used by guests, other residents or visitors are not covered. Moving furniture, scrubbing floors, window cleaning, pool cleaning and blinds are examples of this.
Home maintenance jobs can sometimes get away from us and may be dangerous to do ourselves as we age (e.g. using a ladder). Our qualified and police checked tradesmen (electricians, plumbers, builders) can help with fixing doors, door handles, leaking taps, repairing / replacing gutters, repairing decks and handrails, installing safety sensor lights, etc.
If you need more significant support with a modification such as a ramp (to replace stairs) or changes to your bathroom, our building team will work with our Occupational Therapists together to come up with a solution.
Our team of registered nurses, physios and occupational therapists can help you remain living safely and independently. This is done by designing and implementing tailored programs to assist you doing the things you need to do everyday, and/or recommending aids to help you manage better at home. Our nurses can help with medication management, wound care and health checks, in the comfort of your home.
Other Home Support Services
- Personal Care. Help with bathing and showering, getting dressed or undressed, general grooming and using the bathroom.
- Social Support. Supported outings in social settings with like-minded people, such as lunches, movies, day trips, etc.
- Meal Preparation. Preparation of freshly cooked meals that can be frozen and reheated whenever you like.
- Respite. Gives carers a break to rest and recharge. Respite getaways at Camp Breakaway are available for both clients and carers and include accommodation, food, activities, entertainment and transport for 4 or 5 day mini-breaks.
- Transportation. Collect and drop off service to and from important GP appointments, etc. Staff can stay with you if needed.
- Activities & Groups. From falls prevention programs to gentle exercise groups (or one-on-one in your home) and technology lessons. A variety of fun and interesting solo and group activities, including our Men’s Group, can be enjoyed.
What if I Need More Help?
Home Support Services Fees & Charges
The CHSP program is heavily subsidised (approximately 70 – 75% is paid by the Government) through My Aged Care (you will need an assessment). Adssi In-home Support will invoice you each month for the services you use and the number of hours you use them. We offer several payment options for your convenience.
A Home Care Package (HCP) is structured in a different way – if you have been approved or assigned for Home Care Package, you can find out more here.
Need to cancel your In-Home Support Services?
At times, you may need to cancel a home support service. To help with this, we have a list of simple guidelines you need to follow to do so. This ensures that you only pay for the services you use and it means we can redirect your community support worker to another client.
Temporary Cancellation of Services
- Any alteration, postponement or cancellation of service should be made by 5pm the day prior to expected cancellation.
- A cancellation fee may be applied to any cancellations that do not fall within this deadline (except for hospitalisation).
- If you become ill with a contagious illness such as the flu, services will be rescheduled.
Permanent Cancellation of Services By You
- You have the right to cancel your in-home support services at any point you deem fit. You will need to do this in writing. For a home care package, the guidelines require 30 days’ notice.
- You are also free to refuse service and reapply for support at another time, subject to availability.
Permanent Cancellation of Services By Adssi
- Adssi may cancel your services if you use a home support service with another provider or move out of the area or into a care facility. This also applies If your care needs change and cannot be met, you no longer require support, or your behaviour is inappropriate toward staff.
- Any cancellation of service by Adssi will be documented and clearly explained.
Taking the Next Step
In-home support can really change your life for the better. With a wide range of services and programs that cater to your individual needs, Adssi offers the best in-home support services on the Central Coast. We’re locals who have been supporting locals for over 30 years’!
To learn more about the assessment process, visit the Federal Government’s aged care information website www.myagedcare.gov.au. If you already have a referral, please give us a call or head over to the Adssi website to learn more about all our available services and packages.
You can call us directly on 1300 578 478 between 7.30am – 5pm Monday – Friday, to learn exactly how we can help you live your best life!