Domestic Assistance from My Aged Care
If you have a referral for Domestic Assistance from My Aged Care, this is what you can expect:
Domestic Assistance Service
The subsidised domestic assistance service is designed to help you with the jobs you find difficult. It is not like a commercial cleaning service and is designed as ‘doing with not doing for’, to help people remain living at home independently. The service provided via My Aged Care (MAC) and delivered by our staff, is to provide frail, older people with assistance with domestic chores to maintain their capacity to manage everyday activities in a safe, secure and healthy home environment. If your needs change and you feel you need a higher level of domestic assistance, please speak with us about a Home Care Package.
Domestic Assistance is normally provided in the home and refers to tasks such as:
- General house cleaning including vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors (bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living);
- Cleaning your shower, toilet, bath and hand basin;
- Emptying kitchen/bathroom bins, dishwashing, wipe down kitchen benches, stove, and sink;
- Doing your laundry including hanging out and bringing in and ironing if needed;
- In your bedroom the service can include changing sheets, making the bed, wipe tops of bedside/ dressing tables;
- The service can include ensuring your wheelie bin is in or out, checking the mailbox;
- We can provide a linen service twice weekly which can include sheets, towels and bed protectors.
- The service does not include cleaning areas or tasks associated with other family members, residents or visitors in your home;
- The service does not include heavy tasks such as blinds, windows, scrubbing floors, cleaning swimming pools, moving furniture.
You must be home in order for the service to go ahead. You are required to sign off on the service – an agent or advocate cannot sign on your behalf in your absence. If the time doesn’t suit, please call to make alternative arrangements.
The Linen Service provides clean towels, sheets, pillow cases and bed pads. Our pick up and delivery service are provided twice a week. We may also be able to help you with changing the bed linen.