If you’re worried about falling or know someone who is, come along to the FREE Stepping On FALLS PREVENTION program, an initiative of the NSW Department of Health, presented by Adssi In-home Support.
What and for who is this program?
This free 7 week program is designed for older people who are living independently in the community and who have fallen or are fearful of falling. Participation in Stepping On gives older people the confidence to undertake their everyday activities more safely and independently, to reduce their risk of falling.
If you’ve had a fall, or are you’re worried about falling, this free program will help you build skills, strength and confidence to prevent future falls.
Coordinator Fay Huckstepp said participants will learn exercises to improve strength and balance and practical ways to reduce the risk of falling. “The program is very practical, as well as a great way to meet new people”, she explained.
The next FREE 7 week program will commence in MARCH:
• THURSDAY 5 MARCH – THURSDAY 23 APRIL
• 10.30 AM – 12.30 PM
• Wagstaffe Community Hall, 55 Wagstaffe Avenue, Wagstaffe
Participants must meet certain criteria including:
• 65 years and older and living at home
• Able to walk independently or with a walking stick
• Fearful of falling or has fallen recently
• This program is not suitable for people with dementia or neuromuscular conditions
Registration is ESSENTIAL for the free program.